Today’s guest, James Eder, joins us from across the pond, London, England, for our first Skype audio mentoring conversation. He tells us about a new game changing social App he has developed, Causr.co. The App connects people and business in social situations. Through permission, confidence, and context you can figure out who 300 people are around you. He explains how it works. A $1/2M pound business deal was set-up from two people connecting through Causr.co.
James says, “All of us have moved from somewhere.” He goes on to share a narrative of his heritage in a captivating way. There are ideas to promote entrepreneurship in your children. James shares what worked for him.
Listen in to this first of three mentoring conversations with James Eder whom founded his first venture at age 22.
James Eder. In 2005, James Eder founded website Student Beans at age 22, alongside his brother Michael. Student Beans, 11-years later, has gone from an idea to a brand recognized globally for its student offers and discounts. Known today as The Beans Group, the business now also encompasses Voxburner, a youth events and insights consultancy.
The company employs a team of over 30 people and continues to recruit and grow. James is also the founder of Kentish Cluster alongside Camden Cluster, an initiative to bring local businesses and people together in London. James is passionate about helping people realize their potential and is a regular speaker at conferences, schools and universities on subjects including marketing, entrepreneurship and building a brand.
Building on his experiences, James’ latest venture Causr.co is all about connecting professionals on the go. Now live on the Apple App store – being hailed as a game changer in social situations, an innovative way to connect with people and maximize opportunities that surround us every day. www.causr.co
- Answer the questions after listening:
- James is now 33 years old. How many ventures has he started?
- What types of businesses have they been? What industries?
- How are the ventures similar and different?
- At what age did his leadership skills begin to emerge?
- Where would you use his Causr.co App, now available in the iTunes store?
- How have your Grandparents influenced your life?
- What skills and attributes do you have similar to your Grandparents?
Mentoring Conversation Resources
- Now live on the App Store – Connecting professionals on the go: https://goo.gl/kuxJ04
- Featured in the press: https://goo.gl/s85GwF
- Richard Branson: ‘Technology should enable more in-person interactions, not reduce them.’ Good example here: https://goo.gl/hFh20O
- Brené Brown’s definition of a leader: Anyone who holds herself or himself accountable in finding the potential in people and processes. Are you that kind of a leader and parent?
- It is never too late to break through to new dimensions of leadership. If you have tried to make changes on your own without solid results, get help. Acquiring new skills requires a new disciplined practice with a caring mentor to help you learn how to lead in new ways. Take the time to learn. You are worth the investment! Connect with me today, email@example.com.
Game Changing Social App, Episode 62 www.causr.co
Next Monday’s Mentoring Conversation:
Glen is a business and nonprofit law attorney. He founded McCluskey Law Office, PC in 2010. A privately held law firm and professional services firm that offers a variety of legal services to support your business or nonprofit. He focuses on those in the start-up phase, or those looking to expand their existing organization. He is invested in getting you set-up for success.