I give you a Beacon of Light: Mickey Mikeworth on this Memorial Day of remembrance to honor those who have given their life for our country and their families. Download This Episode. (tap or click link to download)
Mickey and I fly around the world in our conversation exploring her life with Mark, her husband, and how they met. He has a nickname too! Mickey’s part-time work in a finance company led to a 17-year business partnership. Her ability to find constructive ways to live through the sudden death of her business partner is unique. I highly recommend it for everyone who has suffered a loss. You will hear beautiful ideas to honor one’s life, work through grief, and keep going.
While listening, click on the youtube clip (in the Mentoring Conversation Resource section below). It will play well in the background as you take in our enriching conversation. You will see. Maybe you will be the one shouting out loud an answer to me.
In our second of three mentoring conversations, we continue to listen for the inner beauty and life purpose of the woman behind the wealth.
Mickey Mikeworth. Mickey’s primary business is Mikeworth Consulting, a private planning firm whose goal is to guide individuals and businesses toward resource innovation to attract wealth faster and more efficiently. She is often called “The Resource Guru” by her clients for her ability to help them identify fresh approaches to building value in their financial life.
Mickey is an accomplished multi-venture entrepreneur. Here’s a few of her accomplishments:
- Two-time Top Women in Finance award winner of the Finance and Commerce Magazine. Just twelve other women in the history of the award have been so honored.
- Voted Best Financial Advisor for Women in theWomen’s Press Women’s Choice Awards.
- Won an award from Headstart for the groundbreaking work in teaching homeless families the ropes of climbing out of poverty. Mickey has spent 10 years working on rearranging resources so the people who have extra can give to those in need.
- Ranks in the top 300 Wealth Managers (out of 22,000) in the state of Minnesota in Mpls/St. Paul Magazine’s Five Star Wealth Awards.
- International micro-lending KIEVA program has been featured in Town and Country Magazine and America’s Best Magazine.
- Her innovative ideas on Plastic Budgeting have been highlighted on the front page of the business section of the New York Times.
Mentoring Tips for Listeners
Answer the following questions after you listen:
- How did Mickey and I fly around the world in our conversation?
- How has this conversation added value to your life?
- What is Mark’s nickname? How did they meet?
- How did Mickey participate in the historical making of the AIDS Quilt?
- When Mickey was getting her Public Health and Sexual Health degree at the University of Minnesota, she participated in a research project. She met eight women in Brazil with AIDS. She contributed eight squares for the AIDS Quilt honoring their lives. What happened to the eight women by the time the quilt was finished? What did Mickey learn from that experience?
- Pick 10 Photos that represent your life so far. Write down why you picked each photo. How can this exercise be added to your life timeline? How will this exercise influence the next part of your life timeline?
- Take time to turn your inner light on each morning. Do what it takes to let go of any barriers to your success. Enjoy this world through purposeful work! The world needs you and your gifts and talents!!!
Mentoring Conversation Resources
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDR2fXoHdQwÂ Joe Cocker singing “You Can Leave The Light On”.
http://wementor.com/2017/05/08/finance-and-prosperity-pioneer/ 1st Mentoring Conversation with Mickey.
More about Mickey:
Enjoy The World, Be A Beacon Of Light, Episode 75 www.mickeymikeworth.com