The Drip Clip Inventor, Greta Larson, is in the house! She shares how she got her invention into the marketplace. How do you get a product into the marketplace? How far and how much do you invest in time and money before you either call it quits or take the next step with an invention? What kind of support system do you need in place to develop your first prototype? What are the organic steps to market? Download This Episode. (Click or tap to download)
She explains how she connected with Andrew Krauss and Stephen Key of Invent Right. She begins to share how she has applied the concept of Open Innovation to her business strategy. This concept will help her focus on what she loves doing, inventing! Hear our conversation and all the valuable tips to help you along your journey as an entrepreneur and business owner.
Mentoring Tips for Listeners
Answer the following questions after you listen:
- Who did Greta go to when she came up with The Drip Clip idea?
- What steps did she take and how did one step kind of lead to the next step?
- What materials did she use to make her first prototype?
- What resources did she find in the marketplace to get her first 3D print?
- How is she managing her responsibilities of spouse, Mom, RN, and inventor?
- Greta majored in communication with a business minor. During her internship her life changed, how?
- Where did she meet her husband?
- Due Diligence was part of Greta’s journey to see if there was a product like hers in the marketplace. What website did she go to for a patent search?
Mentoring Conversation Resources
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135CJqKXpKA&sns=em Drip Clip Demo on Stephen Key’s InventRight.com on Simple Ideas.
To order The Drip Clip go to https://thepaintbrushcover.com/
One Simple Idea by Stephen Key http://www.inventright.com
Greta Larson. Greta is a Registered Nurse and Inventor. Her latest invention, The Drip Clip, is being tested in Sherwin Williams stores in Maryland, North Carolina, Minnesota and Colorado!
“Launching A Product” Series: Inventing The Drip Clip, Episode 84